Terms & Conditions
- Thank you for visiting the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District website. We ask that you carefully review our Terms & Conditions before using our website. These Terms & Conditions establish a binding agreement that governs your use of this website. If you do not agree to these Terms & Conditions, you may not use this website.
- By using our website, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. You further agree that your agreement to these Terms & Conditions, although signed by you electronically, has the same legal effect as if it had been personally signed by you on paper.
- This website is provided to you on an "as is" basis without any warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the extent permissible under applicable law, we hereby disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and noninfringement. We do not warrant that the materials on our website will be errorfree, that defects will be corrected or that our website or its servers are free of viruses or other harmful components. We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use of the materials on our site with respect to their accuracy or reliability. In addition, we make no representations, warranties, or guarantees that our website will be secure, accessible continuously and without interruption.
- We have not reviewed all the third party sites linked to or framing this website and are not responsible for the contents of any pages contained on such third party sites. By entering this website you acknowledge and agree that we have not reviewed all the third party sites linked to or framing this website and is not responsible for the content of any pages of such third party sites. We do not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you may have or might be requested to give to any third party, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to such third party sites and their content. Your linking to any other pages connected to other sites is at your own risk.
- We do not accept any liability for any conduct, acts or omissions occurring at this website. Under no circumstances will we be liable to you for any consequential, incidental or special damages, including any lost profits, even if you claim to have notified us about such damages, or for any claims by any third parties.
- You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us harmless, at your own expense, from and against any liability, fees (including attorney.s fees) and/or costs arising out of or relating to any breach or violation of the Terms & Conditions by you. You agree that jurisdiction over and venue in any legal proceeding directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to the Terms & Conditions or the ownership, operation or maintenance of this website shall be resolved exclusively in the appropriate state or federal court in Los Angeles County, California where subject matter jurisdiction is proper. All such disputes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California
- You agree that we may modify these Terms & Conditions at our sole discretion, without notice to you, and that your right to access this website is conditioned upon your compliance with the most current version of these Terms & Conditions.
- The agreement formed by these Terms & Conditions may be terminated by either party without notice at any time for any reason, provided that you may no longer use our website after you have terminated this agreement. The provisions of Sections 2, 4, 6, 7, and 10 shall survive any termination of the agreement formed by these Terms & Conditions.
- These Terms & Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us relating to your access to and use of this website and supersede any prior or contemporaneous representations or agreements. These Terms & Conditions shall govern our legal rights and obligations. Any rights not otherwise expressly granted by these Terms & Conditions are reserved by us. This Agreement may not be modified, either expressly or by implication, except as set forth in Section 10 above. If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is deemed invalid or for some reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms & Conditions and shall not in any way affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms & Conditions not deemed invalid or unenforceable.
In a nutshell...we will not disclose your information. Read below for technical details. Thank you for visiting the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District website. We appreciate your concern about privacy on the Internet and the confidentiality of your personal information. This privacy statement establishes how information gathered about you from your visit to our website may be used by us. Please read this statement. The information we receive depends on what you do when you visit our site.
Personal Information Collected
We do not collect information about you when you visit this website, unless you choose to provide that information to us.
Information Collected Automatically about the Computer Which Browses or Downloads Information from the website. When you browse or download information from our site, we automatically collect and store the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com); the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you accessed our site; and, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site. We use this information to measure the number of visitors to our site and to help us make our site more useful.
A "cookie" is a small text file that a website can place on your computer for the duration of your visit to the website. It is used only for session integrity during your visit to the site and not for any marketing or information gathering purposes.
Our website uses only nonpersistent temporary "cookies" and neither places any permanent information on nor retrieves it from the visitor.s computer. If you want to browse this site without any interruptions, including to apply for a permit through this site, please make sure that your browser is not set to disable placement of "cookies" on your computer.
Personally Identifying Information Collected from Emails
By sending us an emailelectronic mail message, you are sending us personal information (i.e. your name, address, email address or other information). We store this information in order to respond to your request or otherwise resolve the subject matter of your email.
Information Transmitted by User is Made Secure from Interception
Here is what you should know about the security of the information you provide to us: We are committed to protecting your personal information that is either available from or collected by our website. We have taken reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse or alteration. We operate secure networks protected by industry standard firewalls and password protection systems. Only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our users.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We do not share your personal information with third parties, except when required to do so by law.
2010 Geary Road, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523.